Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Smoke Out My Ears

I had off for two weeks or so for Christmas break, but now it's a new year and I'm finally back to work! I was quite happy when I called in yesterday and Allen said I could come in today and that they had alot of things that they were going to be working on. That means there's lots for me to do and I'm not stuck just doing picture moves for Chameleon Club. Though, speaking of which, I had to photoshop a picture of the extension onto the club that Allen took. Actually, I had to cut two and make them in to one whol image. Also, had to paint out some wires that were in front of it. It took me a while, but it wasn't as bad as compositing was for Joe.

Then, there was another set of images for the game that Joe's working on that had an elephant's run cycle. That wasn't too bad because it was only the one cycle and it only had 6 images.

Then, I got to check out some cute puppies pictures looking for possible puppy stars of a commercial that they'll be doing for Greenfield Puppies. Cute puppy pictures are much prefered to depressed women pictures which they still might get that job. They're one of two finalists for it and I think they might find out by the end of January. I actually hope they get that because I'll be able to go on another commercial shoot of it works out on a day I don't have class. Same with the puppy one. I'd REALLY like to go to the puppy one!

Finally, we digitized a revival Christian musical that Dutch Apple put on. I got to watch through the whole thing because I might be helping out with a promotional commercial about it. Honestly, that kind of "Yay, Jesus" music scares me a little. But mostly, it was the southern accents that got to me sooner. I don't know if they did it on purpose or what, but it seemed stereotypical to me. However, I was really impressed taht of all 7 performers, only one of them could only play one instrument, and that was an acordian! All the others could play at least 2, if not 3 or 4. Granted, most of the multiples were strings like guitar and banjo and those kinds of instruments, but the two women could also play piano and they could all sing. Very impressive. I wonder how they cast it.

Don't know if I'm coming in tomorrow, but I'll at least be back on a schedule of coming in on Tuesdays. Hurray and Happy New Year! May it be a good year for us.

[Hours: 10-4.30]

No comments:

Post a Comment