Tuesday, January 25, 2011

HUH!...I'm all Shook Up!

Today at Postage was great! I got there super early, which didn't do me any good because Allen was on time. Joe was at another studio today, so I was Allen's intern and we got to do some awesome amount of editing.

The first two hours or so were dedicated to digitizing Dutch Apple's "All Shook Up" show. About 40 minutes in when I realized that it was a modern musical addaptation of Shakespeare's "12th Night" I stopped taking it seriously and enjoyed it. It got pretty funny at the end with the mix and match love stories, though I was sorta hoping for the tom boy to finally turn around and proclaim love for the geek boy. Then, with three clips, Allen showed me how to mix and match video to audio and levels and such to make a quick, 20-30 second clip of a song. But really, Allen did the first one and I did the second two. It was still fun though. It was all Elivs music, by the way.

Then, using the same footage that Allen had us practicing with in class yesterday, a lady came from ShurFine grocery stores and I got to create a new HD donut commercial for them. I think I'm going in tomorrow too to continue with that. There was some AfterEffects and some FinalCut for that, but it was ver similar to what we'd done in class, and that made it alright. Allen (and the lady) told me that this was really what editing was. There there was an "Editor" and a "Technical Editor". The first tells the second what clips to use, where, etc. and the second does the physical pushing of the buttons. I'd seen some of the behind-the-scenes stuff for LOTR:RotK and they showed that and I was so happy that I got to be the Technical Editor even for this small, local commercial. Allen said to enjoy it while it lasts, because it doesn't always stay fun. I told him that if I'm still actually doing this same kind of thing in 30 years and I'm still having fun, that I've picked the right path.

I hope I'm right.

[Hours: 10-6]
[Total Hours: 82]

No comments:

Post a Comment