Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Still Shaken it Up

Editing is so much fun!!!

I actually got TWO editing projects from Allen today. One was a flash mob dance into a guy proposing to his girlfriend and the other was a promo video for the "All Shook Up" stuff that I did last week. We got the voice over for the promo and I was to cut up the audio and intermix it with the songs and some video from the show. I wasn't given a time limit at first, so my first cut was about 3:06. Allen told me to try to get it down to 2:30 or 2:00 if I could since shorter tends to be better. It was tricky figuring out what to cut and making sure that it still all flowed together nicely, but I got the video down to 2:16 with end logo and info another :10. He said both the long and short versions looked really good and that made me really happy. It's nice to know that something you find fun and enjoyable is also considered "good work". What it is, really, is just being able to tell a story and I consider myself a pretty good storyteller. I LOVE telling stories. My biggest problem is telling them in the shortest amount of time (I tend to get sidetracked or indulge in too many details).

Anyway, today was just a really good day to get things done and I was super happy that my work was acceptable. I can't wait to graduate and try to get this as a real job. I do wonder how hard it would be to get an editing position somewhere...

[Hours: 9.45-6.15]
[Total Hours: 90.5]

No comments:

Post a Comment