Tuesday, April 19, 2011

So it Ends...

Today was my last day as an intern at Postage. In all honesty, I don't think I was really needed today. I came in around 10 to a weekly meeting between Joe, Allen, and Courtland, whom they hired part time to keep him working for them rather than going off to another internship in Philly. I wish someone had told me they were planning on having a meeting, even if I couldn't be of any help in it since until today I was sorta part of the team. Though, throughout this whole internship, I haven't felt like I was included in the "team". I never had many projects that spaned week to week, so each day I went in, I would have to ask for something new. And like today, when I had something needed to work on, I needed new footage or files or something from them and they said they would give it to me, but would forget about it for an hour before I would bring it up and then they'd get around to it.

All that being said (I think I'm just bitter since today wasn't such a great day) this has been good experience in post-production. It has taught me alot and also what I still have to learn. I think if I'd been more included in "team-ness" I would've gotten more out of it, but I think they may've avoided that because I wasn't permanent and because they didn't know my skill set at the onset and that limited me in what they thought I could do or what they would give to me. I don't know, since I can't read minds and I'm too polite to actually ask them about it. I'm not good with confrontation like that. But I do have a bunch of projects that I worked on to show my class next semester.

Look out, World. Adieu.

[Hours 10.15-1.15]
[Total Hours: 164]

No comments:

Post a Comment