Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Final Cut Pro Intro

Second day today. Met with a guy who's doing a full length documentary on the Chameleon Club (located right behind and next to the school). What I'm to do is some of the photo work in AfterEffects. Basically photos fade in in a neat way. I got to peruse through all the photos and even take them home on an external hardrive so when he sends me which photos he wants me to use, I'll be able to knock it out whenever, no problem. I also got an introduction to Final Cut Pro. I was actually quite excited about it since it's something new that I probably wouldn't learn in school. Knowing that program opens up other windows to video editing which I hadn't even considered before, but because it's part of time-based media, it's a nice off-shoot. However, I won't really be using it alot, and just from the short lesson I got today, it's definately a practice kind of program. New tools, new lingo, new way of thinking about and viewing things.

That's really about it for today. Still had a good time though. Can't wait for next week.

[Hours: 1-5]

No comments:

Post a Comment