Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Oh, Gradients...i hate you

Third day. Was late, so I parked at Market rather than Water St. They had me keep working on Meridian Products vecorizing a poster or some-such. Joe didn't stay too long, which was kinda nice b/c I got to put my own music on.

The piece I was doing was a door that figures were carving with a sunburst behind the whole thing. The sunburst was easy, but the door and the outer bits and carvings were somewhat hard. The artwork was something someone had pened and/or painted at one point, so they just wanted it smoothed and as close to the image as possible. Problem was, the gradients. I don't know what prefrences they have on their Illustrator, but they're not the same as mine, so things I think I can do, I really can't, like Paint Bucket-ing lines. *shrug* It just means I have to go about what I normally do a different way. Problem with that is that I'm not used to it so I take half the time figuring out how NOT to do it. Then I do it over the was it should actually be. The gradients were really the hardest part. Getting the right color on each end and such.

Allen might take me to a commercial shoot in a couple weeks over Thanksgiving Break. I think it would be kinda cool! It would also mean another opportunity to work in Final Cut Pro and possibly get some AfterEffects action as well. I would be able to see a commercial go from start to finish. I do enjoy the Illustrator stuff and Allen told me they (not sure who) were pleased with the vectorized logo I did two weeks ago, but I was hoping for some more AfterEffects learning and even Final Cut. Oh well, we'll see about it next week or the week after which is Thanksgiving.

[Hours: 10.15-4]

No comments:

Post a Comment