Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's Colder Than it Looks Inside

First off, sorry I missed last week. I forgot. This is why I'm not a great blogger. Let me start out with a basic summary of last week, then I'll blog about today.

I've noticed that things are different if I'm "Joe's intern" or "Allen's intern" on a week to week basis. Allen gives me large projects and goes away. Joe gives me large projects, but only tells me the first step and goes away, but each step isn't that large. So I have to keep bugging him over and over for the next steps. Last week, I first had to search for some pictures of waitresses and depressed women. Also, apparently iStock doesn't seem to care about the difference between a "waitress" and a "maid" and the "sexy" variations of both. *sigh*stupid internet*. Anyway, with these pictures I had to Photoshop them. Not just regular color correction, but full on compositing. I'm not that great with compositing because I've never really had the need for it, so my skill in that area weren't what they needed to be for this assignment. So basically, I had to bug Joe alot and I don't think he likes that very much.

[Hours: 10-4]

Now, for today, I got there a bit earlier than I should have, so I had to wait outside for 20 minutes for Joe to let me in. However, I promised the Chameleon Club documentary guy, Jason, that I'd have some photos done for him today, but I had only gotten about 5 done last night, so I asked if it was okay if I just worked on that for a while. Joe was fine with it, I think because it meant he didn't have to find something for me to do. Also, I got to sit on the couch to work today. They hired another intern named Brentan who's more highly qualified with motion stuff than I am, so I basically got demoted from the big nice editing computer to the semi-nice little computer on the side. But since I wanted to work from my own laptop, I could sit on the couch. Unfortunately, Joe was trying to save money by keeping the heat off and it was about 55 or so before I actually had to ask for heat. I did get a whole bunch of pictures done by 12.30 or so, but I had to stop because it was making me motion sick.

After lunch Joe sent me back to the waitresses and girls next to signs to photoshop out the iStock watermark to make it look like they weren't too cheep to actually buy the photos, even though they are, because they're still bidding for the project and it wouldn't be worth it to buy 4 photos and then not get the job. Now this photoshoping I could do! Not trying to add stuff and make it look real, but taking away something and making it look real, that's fine! That took me till 3-3.30 or so and actually, it was somewhat relaxing.

Next, I got another Illustrator vectorizing thing from Joe for a Rumschpringe logo. They sorta like the old one, but wanted to switch it up some. I didn't finish it yet, but that took me until 5.45 or so when Allen and Joe started to pack up. So all in all, a very productive day, but Jason didn't show up at all, so all those photo moves will have to wait for next week (if he even shows up next week).

[Hours: 10-6]

No comments:

Post a Comment